This exchange program strengthens ties between Japanese-American leaders and their counterparts in Japan through a weeklong program in Japan. The cohort meets with Japanese leaders in government, business, and non-profit sectors during their stay in Japan. The program is organized by the US-Japan Council (USJC) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As part of this program, CGP organizes the Japanese American Leadership Symposium with the visiting Japanese-American leaders as panelists. For information on the exchange program, please visit the US-Japan Council website.
- 2018: “The Japanese American Experience: Commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the First Emigration from Japan to Hawaii”
- 2017: “Culture and Community Engagement: A Japanese American Perspective”
- 2016: “Toward a Secure Society: Challenges in Diversity and Inclusion”
- 2015: “Aging and Dementia: Cooperation Between the U.S. and Japan from Research to Healthcare”
- 2014: “Japanese Americans Making a Difference in their Communities through Economic Development, Leadership, and in U.S.-Japan Relations” (English Only)
- 2013: “Towards Common Ground: Connecting Diverse Voices for the Future” (English Only)
- 2012: “Empowering Civil Society for the Future of Japan”
- 2011: Breaking Out of the Comfort Zone: Role of Education in the Era of Global Competition (Program)
- 2010: Leadership: Values in Career, Community and Culture (Program)
- 2009: "Building New Networks:An Era of 'Change' in Japanese American - Japan Relations"
- 2008: "Reconnecting with Japanese Americans: Beyond 100 Years of Emmigration"
- 2007: "Japanese-Americans at a Crossroad: Connecting Past, Present, and Future"
- 2006: "From Art to Business: Japanese-Americans in the Professional Arena"
- 2005: "Practicing Multicultural Co-existence: from Minorities Perspective"