About | CGP
- To promote collaboration between Japan and the United States with the goal of fulfilling shared global responsibilities and contributing to improvements in the world's welfare.
- To enhance dialogue and interchange between Japanese and US citizens on a wide range of issues, thereby improving bilateral relations.
IntroductionThe Center for Global Partnership (CGP) was established within the Japan Foundation* in April 1991 with offices in both Tokyo and New York. CGP is dedicated to strengthening the global US-Japan partnership and cultivating the next generation of public intellectuals necessary to sustain this partnership.
To carry out its mission, CGP supports an array of institutions and individuals, including nonprofit organizations, universities, policymakers, scholars and educators, and believe in the power of broad-based, multi-channel approaches to effect positive change through the following mechanisms:
- Administering grant programs to support collaborative projects conducted by the people of Japan, the United States and other countries that address issues of global concern
- Supporting fellowships
- Co-organizing projects with a variety of other institutions
HistoryTo learn more about CGP, please visit the CGP Tokyo website.
* The Japan Foundation is an Independent Administrative Institution in Japan. The mission of the Japan Foundation is to promote international cultural exchange and mutual understanding between Japan and other countries.